I had the opportunity to talk to my church this past Sunday. I used Indesign to build a PDF sideshow but I wanted to be able to be able to keep notes along with each slide without having to print out a stack of paper. It took more than three hours of searching on the app store before I found the PDF SLIDES app. There are plenty of options for PowerPoint users but this was the only one I found that works for PDF files.
It does everything I want it to do:
- Shows the current and next slide in the presentation
- Allows notes for each slide that do not appear on the presentation
- Times your presentation from the moment you advance the first slide (I recommend a "cover" slide that you can swipe past when your presentation starts.
- Shows a small timeline so you can see how far you are into your presentation (Very nice!)
- Works with Apple TV or video out (set it to mirroring)
- Works with Dropbox
- Laserpointer! use your finger to circle or point to parts of the slide. Nice feature.
- BONUS: there is a free app for the iphone or ipod touch that works as a wireless remote!
As nervous as I was to do the talk, the app really helped my keep my thoughts straight. I highly recommend it.